- Unitarian Universalism Connection
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Charleston, WV is West Virginia’s largest and only minister-led congregation. For many years we have been a beacon of progressive religion and an incubator of activism in the capital of a red state. Since the election, we have been experiencing a spike in attendance during Sunday worship and throughout the week, which has made our already problematic entry spaces an even bigger problem.
People are coming for spirit and community and have been getting these – but our physical capacity has been preventing some of the folks who try to get here from getting inside. Whether an inability to find parking, get up our ramp, or open our doors – our physical space has prevented people from entering into the sanctuary they are seeking. Help get more folks into our congregation in a time when our state is in need of space for community, healing and inspiration.
Help us to:
- Purchase new entrance doors, as the current doors are difficult for many to open and close
- Fix entry ramp, as it has developed a large drop from ramp to lot, making it very difficult to get onto
- Repave parking lot, which is quite hole-y and therefore dangerous for people and their cars
- Repaint parking lot, as our lines are quite faded, preventing us from maximizing the cars that can park
- Order parking lot signage, to clearly mark handicapped spots and entry and exit ways
The too-steep incline of our entryway
hole-y parking lot with far too faded lines!
Members document their difficult journey into the congregation on a Sunday morning for services.