What is FAITHIFY?
FAITHIFY is a crowdfunding platform for Unitarian Universalist ministry projects. This includes everything from youth work to justice, service, buildings, staff positions, and emerging ministries. FAITHIFY is full of campaigns funding “FAITHIFY-ed”projects through the direct support of others.
FAITHIFY itself is not a funder and does not distribute funds. FAITHIFY is simply the platform for projects to generate funders within communities.
Who is FAITHIFY?
FAITHIFY is a project of the New England Region of the Unitarian Universalist Association. You can reach us via the Contact page.
Why would I want to engage FAITHIFY?
- Connect with passionate innovators and invest in ministries that excite you
- Bridge geographic and generational boundaries using 21st century technologies
- Renew your faith through deeper connection and impact
- Ignite ministries in new venues, formats, and communities
- Extend the reach of UU values through creative projects
- Inspire a culture of innovation that expands your vision
Why is funding all-or-nothing?
All-or-nothing funding means that projects are only funded if they reach or surpass 100% of their funding goal within the duration of their campaign. No funds will be collected from donors unless the goal is reached.
All-or-nothing funding has a number of advantages:
- It’s less risk for everyone. If you need $5,000 but only raise $1,000 the project will not work.
- It motivates. If people want to see a project come to life, they’re going to spread the word.
- It works. Campaigns either make their goal or find little support. There’s little in-between.
How does FAITHIFY work?
FAITHIFY campaigns are independently created and crafted by the campaign’s owners. The campaign owners who post on FAITHIFY have complete control and responsibility over their campaigns. They spend lots of time building their campaign pages and when they’re ready, campaign owners launch their campaign and share it with their communities. Every campaign owner sets their campaign’s funding goal and deadline.
What are the fees?
If a campaign is successfully funded, pledges will be processed by Stripe. Stripe charges a 2.9% fee + 30 cents per transaction. This fee is subtracted from the pledged amount by Stripe. FAITHIFY does not charge a fee.